Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Secure1
Click to scan this page

Does Freedom Of Speech Come With Any Legalities Attached?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does Freedom Of Speech Come With Any Legalities Attached?

Post by lionking on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:20 pm

Reading over this new topic by invisible man then, reading the Chef's negative comment reminded me, of the first time I posted on this Blog. I was verbally attacked by someone I don't know and, who doesn't know me.
Does Freedom Of Speech give a person(s) the right to call people down that they know and, what about people they have never met? This suggests to me in order to attack someone you don't even know, implies that you believe the lies that you were told about that person, why else would anyone have the nerve to say such terrible things to any person?
I read that this new Blog's intentions are to be informative, respectful, considerate and, to not be so quick to Banned people Yippee! lol!

I believe it was 2006 I joined alberni.ca. It was the first chance I had to get the truth out to the public regarding the Beaver Creek Improvement District Boards of Trustees. I wrote 100's of posts for well over a year about the mismanagement and abuse of our tax dollars, and there sneaky dirty tricks they got away with, all because no one ever went to the monthly meetings, and to this very day they still don't??? IMO the trustees counted on that and, took full advantage of doing anything they wanted to do, they are not held accountable to anyone which caused us Tax payers, Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars wasted that I can prove. Sad Sad

I firmly believe if you have something to say about someone, you should say it right to the person(s) face! I also firmly believe if you can not prove what you say, that you should be charged in a court of law!!! And if you have nothing nice to say about someone, then DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!!! I found this out 25 years ago when you don't tell lies about anything you remember everything! I certainly wish I had learned this when I was a kid I sure would have saved myself a heck of a lot of PROBLEMS lol! .

This small town is very unforgiving IMO. I have lived here for 55 years now and, I like the weather and the surrounding areas but, I don't like some of the elite people in this town that gossip about people at public meetings and dinners! No No

25 years ago I wrote to the Editor at the AV Times mail bag, after reading an article in the AV Times that Councillor Jack Mitchell had written, he said that the people in the Rural Areas should pay for using the arena in town. I replied and stated my opinion and why I felt like that, and it was because after owning a house in town since 1966 to May 1980, that we paid our fair share of taxes, I also brought up how I felt about all the seniors that pay taxes and, never use the swimming pool or arena? I also reminded him that we all spend our money in town, we buy gas, food, alcohol, entertainment etc,etc,etc, in town. I also mentioned that there has always been a misconception that people in Rural Areas hardly paid any taxes, and that is not true we paid almost as much out here as we did in town, and that was in May 5, 1980 when we moved here.
I have all the letters I wrote to the mail bag, and they all have my real name on them. I don't believe in going behind someone's back. What I have learned for sure since posting on blogs and, e-mailing friends is it's impossible to convey "tone of speaking" in an e-mail and, people read stuff with a tone already in mind, so please understand that I'm not trying to appear angry (I'm not), upset. My tone is entirely one of concern. king

lionking

Port Points : 326

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Freedom Of Speech Come With Any Legalities Attached?

Post by The Invisible Man on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:04 am

The old guard has a hold on this town. If you look at issues with this in mind you can see why things go down the way that they do. The badmouthing, lies, and overall ugliness comes from the same people over and over again. They are not intelligent people. The best things that you can do is understand this mindset, then turn your back on it and move forward. People that drag you down also make you strong. Those that have given me a rough ride would be pissed off if they knew they are the source of my strength. It takes a lot of good energy to stay out of their dark hole!
The Invisible Man

Port Points : 402

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top