Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Secure1
Click to scan this page

Turtle Lake

3 posters

Go down

Turtle Lake Empty Turtle Lake

Post by The Invisible Man Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Turtle Lake has lots of potential as a tourist attraction. The turtles that live in the lake are amazing creatures. Something to see in this neck of the woods. Every time I visit the area I see at least three of the large turtles basking in the sunshine on logs that lay in the lake. They're shy! Some of them dive bomb into the water when they hear something approaching. What kind of turtles are they? Are they an endangered species? Who owns the lake property?
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Port Points : 402

Back to top Go down

Turtle Lake Empty Re: Turtle Lake

Post by TomW Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Where is Turtle Lake?
TomW
TomW

Port Points : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:17 pm

It's out towards Sproat Lake. Ha ha I'll have to Google it because I don't know how to explain it. It's here: http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

If that link doesn't work just Google Map "Turtle Lake Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District."
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Port Points : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by lionking Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:55 pm

The Invisible Man wrote:Turtle Lake has lots of potential as a tourist attraction. The turtles that live in the lake are amazing creatures. Something to see in this neck of the woods. Every time I visit the area I see at least three of the large turtles basking in the sunshine on logs that lay in the lake. They're shy! Some of them dive bomb into the water when they hear something approaching. What kind of turtles are they? Are they an endangered species? Who owns the lake property?

I have been looking over what topics are on here, btw there certainly are a lot of them for only being open since January. I read what you posted on Turtle Lake. That brought to mind Sachiko she is the Japanese wife of our nephew Brett they live in Japan. Last week on face book she posted a picture of baby turtles, medium size, large and extra large ones, they were in what looked like a cement enclosure, they had driven to show the boy's all of them sun bathing. Smile
I would imagine you would have to pay to go in and see them? That was generating money.

lionking

Port Points : 326

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down