Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Secure1
Click to scan this page

General Strike?

3 posters

Go down

General Strike? Empty General Strike?

Post by Jeckle Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Many public sector union contracts come due this year. Some are up already, some very soon. Doesn't seem like "net zero" is going to work this time.
The blame falls on the shoulders of the government some what since they settled contracts last time to avoid negative publicity during the Olympics....knowing full well they would all come due at the same time.

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/politics/news/2012/01/10/labour-expert-warns-conflict-public-sector-contracts-renewal

Jeckle

Port Points : 50

Back to top Go down

General Strike? Empty Re: General Strike?

Post by TomW Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:07 pm

I'm not sure if I am reading this right but if I am, why are all these contracts coming up at approximately the same time?

Last edited by Admin on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
TomW
TomW

Port Points : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by booboo Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am

...teachers thinking they are worthy of more , hard done by public sector folks wanting who knows what..........whose gonna pay fer all this..nowadays I thinx a person is lucky to have any kind of job ....
, especially public sector jobs with good pensions.....man so many folks homeless, many others workin to exist on miniumum wage...lots of young folk can't even get their first real job...makes one wonder..will it get better or worse....

booboo

Port Points : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeckle Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:36 am

Yes and no Booboo. I don't know how long those good pensions will be around.
Cost of living is going up considerably and yet wages stay the same or less. The economy is suffering because people don't have the money to spend.
We have never made back the 15% they cut in 2003. Since then wages have not gone up and we have lost holiday days as well.
I am happy to have a job...but it's a hard pill to swallow when I read about the wasted money in the Government.
If they ran a tight (financial) ship and were fiscally responsible and STILL had money troubles, then ya...I wouldn't complain.

I don't know how this will all play out...lots of pressure on Christy Clark right about now.

There are jobs...the federal government is spending a lot of money on changing immigration rules to get workers here from other countries.
Seems we don't have enough. Seems really odd when I read the link on welfare that Periscope posted at Jacks.

Jeckle

Port Points : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down